- Patients receive fully integrated, multidisciplinary cancer care — from prevention through survivorship — in one convenient location where every physician and staff member is solely focused on treating plus curing cancer.
- Physician-scientists will conduct Phase 1-3 clinical trials at a dedicated clinical research unit and an infusion center to provide patients with pioneering treatments long before they become standard of care.
- City associated with Hope Orange County Lennar Foundation Malignancy Center features the latest plus most comprehensive suite of market-leading technology for screening, diagnosing and treating malignancy, delivered by highly specialized experts who raise the bar for scientific expertise and exceptional outcomes.
- The outpatient cancer center will be seamlessly connected in order to Orange County’s only specialty cancer hospital exclusively focused on treating and curing cancer, opening in 2025.
- City of Hope is fulfilling a 2018 promise to invest more than $1 billion, fueled in part simply by philanthropic support, to develop plus support the comprehensive malignancy campus of the future in Fruit County that will change the particular way cancer care will be delivered.
IRVINE, Calif. July 27, 2022 — Associated with Hope, one of the largest cancer study and treatment organizations in the United States, opens its visionary comprehensive malignancy center in Orange Region, California, creating a national model for delivering breakthrough analysis and groundbreaking treatments. The particular academic cancer center ushers in a new era of hope for people with cancer.
Here, the team associated with some of the world’s most acclaimed physician-scientists — with experience in lung, breast, gastrointestinal, gynecological, genitourinary, blood cancers and more — leads next-level malignancy treatment and research.
City of Wish Orange State Lennar Foundation Cancer Center was made possible by a transformational $50 million gift from Lennar Foundation, the charitable arm of homebuilder Lennar Corporation. In Lemon County alone, City of Hope has more than 15, 000 philanthropic supporters who fuel its mission to end cancer.
A Cancer Crisis in Fruit County plus Across the Nation
Town of Wish officials cite several reasons for an expanded presence in the region.
Nearly 20% associated with residents with cancer have left the area for advanced care, along with many heading to City of Hope’s main campus within Duarte, California — an up to two-hour commute each way. In addition, despite its reputation for healthy living, Orange colored County is not immune from the 1 inside 3 national statistic with regard to cancer incidence.
In fact , the malignancy incidence rate in the particular county is usually projected to increase by 18% over the next decade. Cancer risk increases with age and Orange County has the higher percentage of seniors than the U. S. average.
City of Hope, one associated with only 52 National Cancer Institute-designated in depth cancer centers in the county, is answering the call in order to extend its personalized treatment, outstanding research and lifesaving treatments closer to home for the county’s 3. 2 million residents. Associated with Hope was recognized as the seventh “Best Hospital” for cancer within the nation, according to U. S. News & World Report’s 2022-23 Best Hospitals: Specialty Ranking.
Distinguishing clinical services at Town of Wish Orange Region Lennar Basis Cancer Center will include:
- Acclaimed cancer knowledge: Access to City of Hope’s 575 physicians and a lot more than 1, 000 researchers and scientists who only focus on malignancy.
- Lifesaving clinical trials: Access to nearly 1, 500 innovative Phase 1-3 medical trials being conducted at City of Hope every year — more cancer-focused clinical tests than anywhere in the region — to provide individuals with promising new treatments long before they turn out to be the standard of care.
- Breakthrough treatments: Targeted immunotherapies, including CAR T cell therapy, as well as bone marrow transplants, robotic minimally invasive surgeries and MRI-guided radiation oncology. These innovations have demonstrated improved outcomes and a better quality of life for sufferers in therapy.
- Leading-edge technologies: The latest and most comprehensive suite associated with market-leading radiology, interventional radiology and radiation oncology equipment, providing a powerful combination of high tech plus high touch.
- Integrative medicine: The trailblazing integrative medicine program combining the best of Western medicine and evidence-based complementary therapies, such as acupuncture, massage and meditation.
- Cancer prevention: Programs that identify people and families with elevated cancer risk utilizing genetic risk assessments, biomarker panels and environmental surveys to help manage that will risk.
- Early detection: Novel blood testing and imaging techniques that find cancer early, when it is still easily curable. Individuals will be among the first in the country to have access in order to City of Hope’s new Middle for Malignancy Prevention plus Early Detection.
- Precision medicine: Best-in-class genomic testing to profile a patient’s tumor and determine the treatment that will end up being most effective regarding their malignancy.
- Screening and diagnostic solutions: A suite of state-of-the-art imaging gear and procedural suites, giving patients convenient access in order to mammography, colonoscopy, robotic bronchoscopy and other lifesaving services.
- A clinical study unit: The epicenter intended for clinical investigational research that speeds the development of new drugs and interventions towards the bedside, allowing patients to receive the particular latest remedies in cancer care.
- Surgical oncology: An outpatient surgery department that offers advanced perioperative care, an endoscopy collection and operating rooms along with robotic-assisted surgical capabilities.
- Supportive treatment: City associated with Hope is definitely a national leader within evidence-based supportive care. The particular Sheri & Les Biller Patient plus Family Resource Center at the comprehensive malignancy center in Irvine may facilitate easy access to a wide range of programs, which includes care navigation, survivorship programs, psychological and spiritual counseling, pain management and more.
Built For and With the Community
Town of Hope Orange State Lennar Base Cancer Middle was designed with input from a lot more than 500 patients, their families and community members. Every feature of the cancer center — from your design of its gathering spaces to its lighting, its wall color, even its artwork selection — was intentionally chosen to promote healing plus comfort and ensure individuals and their own families have the best care experience. Each employee can be committed to providing compassionate treatment, continuing the particular City associated with Hope legacy of taking patients’ hands and never letting go.
Features consist of:
- 67 spacious exam plus treatment rooms.
- 15 consultation rooms equipped with the most recent technology, allowing patients and family members to meet comfortably with their care team.
- A good infusion middle designed around patient preferences with 43 infusion bays and 10 private infusion treatment areas. The infusion bays feature repositionable furnishings, flexible privacy options, plus panoramic views from the Saddleback mountains.
- Wish Boutique, the full-service salon and specialized shopping experience with oncology-trained cosmetologists that help sufferers with customized cosmetology providers, breast prostheses and more.
- The retail and specialty pharmacy that dispenses traditional, specialty, and over-the-counter medications, alleviating the travel burden upon patients to get their medication needs. In addition , a compounding pharmacy provides a full evaluation of patients’ needs plus prepares personalized chemotherapeutic and non-chemotherapeutic medications. Specialty-trained scientific pharmacists assist patients with medication administration.
- A full range of state-of-the-art laboratory services in one area, making it convenient pertaining to patients in order to get routine blood draws.
- Feng Shui design, art galleries, a healing garden, dedicated space for family members to gather or work, and applications to care for the whole patient — mind, body, and spirit.
Associated with Hope Orange County’s cancer care network currently includes four regional clinics — two in Newport Beach, 1 in Huntington Beach plus one within Irvine. The cancer center, the regional clinics and the planned medical center will create Orange County’s largest network dedicated exclusively to cancer treatment and cures.
Robert Stone, president, CEO, and Helen and Morgan Chu Chief Executive Officer Distinguished Chair, City associated with Hope
“City of Hope’s vision is certainly to make leading-edge analysis, treatment plus care accessible to a lot more patients, family members and communities across the country. Our new Lemon County campus does just that, embedding a good academic malignancy center in the heart of a community to deliver cancer breakthroughs and innovation for generations of patients in need of our advanced treatment. Thank you to the teams, partners, and philanthropists who else brought us to this historic day. ”
Annette M. Walker, president, City of Wish Orange County
“With the particular opening of City associated with Hope Tangerine County Lennar Foundation Cancer Center, we are delivering on our own promise to the people of Red County plus changing cancer care meant for our family, friends and neighbors. Four years ago, we pledged to bring the most advanced malignancy care in order to Orange Region, home to 3. 2 million individuals. As all of us open the cancer center’s doors, our highly committed teams join the community in celebrating the delivery of tomorrow’s lifesaving treatments in order to those who need them today. Hope is truly here within Orange State. ”
Edward S. Kim, M. D., Meters. B. A., physician-in-chief, Town of Hope Orange County, and vice physician-in-chief, City of Hope National Medical Center
“This extraordinary cadre associated with preeminent cancer physician-scientists changes the Orange colored County landscape. Our physician roster comprises many of the best minds in the world for preventing, treating, and curing malignancy. With their highly specific expertise, distinguished history of research breakthroughs plus compassionate approach, this team will transform our ability to address cancer designed for generations. ”
Marshall H. Ames, chairman, Lennar Foundation
“Giving back to the areas in which we all build and developing healthier communities are core values at Lennar. The Lennar Foundation could not be prouder to have supported this new cancer center. It is gratifying to know that our present will make a positive impact by expanding access to care, advancing study and supporting the incredible science that will one day eliminate malignancy. We wish others inside the philanthropic community will see the results of our efforts and sign up for us in supporting City of Wish. ”
Farrah N. Khan, mayor of Irvine
“City associated with Hope Tangerine County is well-matched just for Irvine, heightening our city’s reputation for the purpose of pioneering development. This is usually an outstanding health treatment resource for the particular community plus brings great promise to many. The center has already attracted exceptional health care professionals eager in order to save lives and offer our own friends and neighbors a tremendous source of hope. ”
Leslie Bruce Amin, grateful patient
“I’ve been waiting for this day ever since Associated with Hope announced its plans for an Orange Region campus. Whenever I connect with people navigating the cancer diagnosis, my first piece of advice is to always find a cancer-specific analysis center with regard to the most advanced care. Now, right here in our local community, individuals with cancer have the highly specialized and compassionate care they need — all in one place. ”
With regard to more information or to become a volunteer or philanthropic partner associated with City of Hope Apple County, proceed to CityofHope. org/OC .
About City of Hope
City associated with Hope’s mission is to deliver the cures of tomorrow towards the individuals who require them nowadays. Founded in 1913, Associated with Hope has grown into a single of the biggest cancer research and treatment organizations within the Oughout. S. and one of the leading study centers regarding diabetes plus other life-threatening illnesses. As an independent, National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive malignancy center, City of Hope brings an uniquely integrated design to individuals, spanning cancer care, research and development, academics and training, plus innovation initiatives. Research and technology developed at Associated with Hope has been the basis for numerous breakthrough malignancy medicines , as well as human synthetic insulin and monoclonal antibodies. The leader inside bone marrow transplantation plus immunotherapy, like CAR To cell treatment , City of Hope’s customized treatment protocols help advance cancer treatment throughout the particular world.
With a goal of expanding entry to the most recent discoveries and leading-edge care to more patients, households and neighborhoods, Associated with Hope’s growing nationwide system includes its primary Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, the new cancer center in Orange State, California, plus Cancer Treatment Centers of America . City of Hope’s affiliated family associated with organizations consists of Translational Genomics Research Institute and AccessHope TM . For more information about Associated with Hope, follow all of us on Facebook , Twitter , YouTube , Instagram and LinkedIn .
Lisa O’Neill Hill
Town of Wish Orange County
[email protected] org